Rei’s Minimap for Minecraft
Rei’s Mini map is certainly the best way to keep track of those places which you keep on forgetting. The mini map provides an over view of your game, and helps you mark important places and even create waypoints, so now you will never get lost no matter where you are.
The map shows an aerial view of the terrain and utilizes appropriate colors, for example blue for water bodies, brown for sand, green for grass, dark green for trees etc. to give you a clear idea of your surroundings.
Some features of the mod are as following:
• Inclusion of a compass for the sense of directions
• Improved rate of processing the map
• ZanMinimap frame appearance
• Zooming in/out on the large map
• The entity radar has also been added
• The key configurations can be customized
• You can set the opacity of the map to four levels: 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
• Slime spawning chunks are displayed
The different biomes are colored differently and their name is displayed in a large size on the full map. The mini map is quite smooth and responsive while zooming and rotation. Custom markers can be applied to various points on the map. The temperature and humidity levels as presented by the intensity of color. The sunrise direction setting can also be changed.
New features like chunk grid, cave mapping and entity radar can be enabled on multiplayer too; although slime spawning chunks is not supported in multiplayer for Minecraft 1.2 and above. The mod is intelligent enough to pick up texture colors from your texture pack if you have modified it.
The map can be modified according to your taste. You can choose to enable disable the Terrain undulate, Terrain depth, transparency and environment color. Slight improvement in FPS can be witnessed by disabling most options if you are experiencing any drop in the frame rates.
The Rei’s Minimap for Minecraft 1.2.5 is back compatible with Minecraft 1.0 and also is supported by Minecraft 1.9 beta.
Installing the REI’s Minimap Mod on Minecraft 1.2.5
1. Install the latest version of ModLoader after downloading it
2. Next, download the REI’s Minimap Mod
3. Type %appdata% in the run dialog box and navigate to the .Minecraft folder
4. Open miecraft.jar with a suitable compressed file handler, for example WinRar
5. Copy all the files from the mod’s zipped file into the miecraft.jar file
6. Finally delete the META-INF folder